Sunday, July 29, 2007

My Orginal 1972 VW Bus

I was thumbing through some old pictures today and ran across some pictures of my old bus that I had back in high school. My mom and I saw her for sale one day in the newspaper when we lived in Reno for $500, so we decided to check her out. After taking a look at her and driving her around the block, we both came to the conclusion that could not pass on the great deal, so we bought her and she stayed in the family until my parents moved to Portland back in early 2002.

Front shot of the bus!

Me kicking back in my bus drinking a Slurpee!

6 comments:

Jan said...

Cool bus, Brack -- but you don't look old enough to drive there! I never saw that bus so it's fun to see the pic -- love the Slurpee too!

Unknown said...

that is a sweet bus! i never got to take a ride in that bus. although from what i've heard, driving was not the most exciting thing that took place in that bus, if you know what i mean! :)

Kristi said...

Man, Chris, I never realized the depth of your love for all things VW bus--I think that's awesome! That is a sweet picture of you, the slurpee, & the bus. A deadly combination, I'm sure. Natalie--nice comment baby! hee hee. I don't buy it, though, I totally heard you were in that VW bus...

Nat Lud said...

Chris, you don't look any different! What a rockin' bus.

hoLLy said...

that looks like a sweet set of wheels! joey had a 64 cadillac that he cruised in when he was in highschool. he loved it until it met its untimely death...it was smashed while it was parked on the road:(

VO2 Fitness said...

I had a good laugh taking a look at these old pictures. I am glad that you have a new one. Let the dream live on!